Delivery in day(s): 4
Project Management Proof Reading Services
Question 1: Creating a performance review template
Performance review plan is important for successful operations implementing in the business management project or in any organization. This helps in supporting the motivation to the employees and planning the carrier plan related to the working industry. This planning helps both the organization as well as to the company to predicate the employee's behavior and the performance. Individuals aligning of the goal are possible through the effective planning of the employee review through this template (Cutting et al. 2017). This helps in giving the clear communication in the work responsibilities and the specific objective of the company. In this template, the training needs have been specified. This helps in encouraging the mutual and positive relationship among the employees and the management. The performance review helps in a tie-up with the business planning and this also helps in coincide with the promotions and the changes related to the business.
In this performance review template offered the basic details like employees skills and qualities and the rating systems. This template will help in the communication between the managers and the employees. Significant accomplishments and the company future goals also included in this template. This template is designed for a software company’s employee’s performance review (Flammer & Bansal, 2017).
Last Review date
Works to full potential
Quality of work
The goal is to achieve the high productivity in the management area of the worked organization
Achieved goals set in the previous review
Productivity goal is achieved 100%.
Goals for next review Period
Client Relation and the initiation need to be improved and worked out
Question 2: Methods and Techniques used to improve the performance of the Staff setting clear expectations:
Managers need to be involved in setting the clear expectation regarding the productivity of the business. These goals need to be communicated with the staff in very clear manner. Ensuring of the employees understanding regarding the objectives of the company goals need to be very clear. Frequent communication is though impossible however it is advised in an iterative manner (Adler et al. 2016).
- Training the Managers: Managers are needed to given the tools to improve the excellence of the employees. The nonperforming teams need to be looked out with a very clear manner and the root cause related to the problems need to be assessed and analyzed.
- Prioritizing Employee Development:Every employee needs to be aware of individual goals in the organization. In case of companies, growth employees play a crucial role. Prioritizing them in every decision and in the work helps in building the enthusiasm in them. All the employees need to be motivated to reach and achieve the individual's goal which will help them to achieve the long-term goal.
- Focusing on Morals:Test in the employee satisfaction need to be done at the regular interval. In case of any existing issues need to be sorted out in an immediate manner. Review benefits, salary levels, and the working environment need to be fully focused (Batey & Mourik, 2016).
Question 3: Roles and the responsibilities of the Project Manager
Staffing:In an organizationStaffing has been done by the Managers. They are the responsible for this activity. The activities involved in managing the staff are creating the job description and the vacancies in the organization, interviewing the hired employees, reviewing the applied resumes and the applications, hiring and firing. The training provided to the employee is needed to be ensured by the manager. Receiving the feedbacks is done by the manager. Company’s guidelines are followed or not as well as job satisfactory performance is analyzed by the allocated managers. Processing the cheques and pay calculation is done by the manager.
Communication: Communication is the key role of the managers in order to keep the workplace efficiency. Employees need to be clarified regarding the goals of the business in order to achieve the desired goals and the results. Managers are needed to be communicating from the upper management to the staffs regarding the issues and work. Communication needs to be done by them in resolving the conflicts, motivating the employees and maintaining the customer relationships (Meng & Boyd, 2017).
Training: Managers need to ensure that all the employees are properly trained regarding the duties allocated to them. In order to ensure the requirement of additional training managers is the persons who can evaluate the process.
Business Growth: Mangers are the persons who are responsible for the business growth. Managers are hired in order to run the daily operations, coach the employees, maintaining the quality controls and ensuring the products and the services are fulfilling the customer needs.
Question 4: Opportunity, occupational health and safety legislations
Equal opportunity Legislations: This law in the working field suggests not to include the discrimination based on the race, color, gender, sexual preferences, age, marital status, physical and mental disability, the social origin and on the basis of religion the employees need not be distinguished.
According to this law, equal employment opportunities and anti discrimination in the workplace is covered. Following this law discrimination and harassment related to the employees are needed to be avoided. The workplace needs to be free from bullying and discrimination. These above responsibilities are set out in the Equal opportunity act 2010. The federal human rights law needs to be followed by the organization and within the organization.
Occupational Health and Safety Legislations: The occupational health and safety Act, 2004 sets out the involvement of the workers and employees in the company, the issues resolution, protection for the workers and the involved representatives and the role and function of the inspectors. According to the section 21 in a working culture, the safety and health are need to be ensured. In the section 21(2), safe system of works needs to be provided including the plants, handling the storage, in case of transport of the substances; equipment and machinery need to be provided to the employees (Rezvani et al. 2016). Regarding the job safety, information, instruction, supervision, and training needs to be provided on the basis of section 22(1).
Question 5: Assessing the potential conflicts
The workplace conflicts because of the greatest cause for the employee stress. In case of avoiding the disagreement causes the frictions over the time. The main issues raised in the workplace are related to the limited resource availability like time and materials, conflicts in the responsibilities and more. The potential conflicts need to be resolved from the employees as well as from the manager's end. The conflict impacts on the future productivity of the company and the working environment.
The following steps are needed to be followed in order to resolve and avoid the conflicts.
- Reducing the Discrimination:employees are needed to give opportunities in order to share the cultural traditions and in the role-playing activities. Workshops and seminars are needed to be run to allowing the practices through interactions.
- Maximising the job satisfaction: In order to maximize the employee satisfaction, it is mandatory to deal with the conflicts in the immediate manner. The basic issues raised in the organization as employee satisfaction is salary and the designations. The conflicts related to the organization's roles and responsibilities need to be solved on the regular basis.
- Creating the collaborative environment: Assessing the conflicts helps in creating the collaboration with the internal and the external staffs. This also helps in building the healthy relationship with the clients. The objective of the work needs to be cleared at the beginning in order to start and implement. In this way, the friction between opposing parties and the personality differences can be achieved (Aga, Noorderhaven & Vallejo, 2016).
Question 6: Managing the project personnel
Project personnel management is a process of maintaining and obtaining the satisfactory work forced in an organization. The management role is to realize the workers regarding the goals and achievements of the company from the overall team performance as well as individual performance end. At first, the policies and the procedures related to the assigned project is assessed. Being a good manager it is very much crucial to classify the project work and compensate the right pay for the right people and resolving the escalation occurs in the executing of the project. The scope of the work needs to be [planned ahead.
The fundamental resource required to complete the project is people, equipment, money, facilities, materials and supply, technology and the right information. In order to build the right project, team people have been considered as the crucial role. The first step taken to managing the project personnel are
- Recruiting the right team: The allocated project is required the right team for accomplishing the project in the targeted time period. New existing internal and external staff members are assessed and the trained according to the requirement of the project. The right team member has been selected to take initiation of the project and fro successful completion. Right candidates for the team has been selected on the basis of individual’s commitment, flexibility, technical competence, knowledge and based on the experience (Holmboe, 2017).
- Skill requirement:In order to complete the tasks the work breakdown structure has been prepared and through the network diagram the activities and the time period has been listed out. Analysis of the current system and the problems have been identified by the system analyst. The physical and the logical data flow diagrams have been prepared by the analyst. In case of cost-benefit solutions, the cost has been estimated and the form and the report have been designed according to the requirements. Through database analyst, the relational database has been designed. The software prototype has been developed by the programmers of the power builders. Coding is done by the programmer. All the team members are associated with developing this project.
- Developing the people: In order to obtain the new skills and knowledge on the job training, cross training, mentoring and reading materials has been provided.
- Objective Development: Through SMART method the goals and the objective of the project have been cleared in a concise manner (Villanueva, 2017).
- Implementation: The discussion has been done with the team members in order to implement the plan. Implementation has been commenced as earliest in order to avoid the forgetness of the members.
- Evaluate the project:The project is evaluated on the basis of integrating the events occurred in the project and the developmental plan. Timeframes and the objectives of the project has been completed within the target. The performance improvement track has been achieved and analyzed.
Question 7: Identifying the struggling employee
It is observed in the project development that some of the employees are unable to perform up to the mark. The understanding and lack of skills over the project made them struggle to do work in the assigned project. The employee performance is reviewed from time to time in the template of employee performance. In this several individual performances related to the work has been assessed. It is seen that these skills can be achieved only through providing training in an iterative manner to the specific employees. The institutional level of one employee to the completely differs which gave a clue to identify the shortfall of achieving the goals (Carlson, 2017). In order to improve the performance of this employee in the project, the review has been done on the meetings. Running meetings on the short comes of the methods and the related procedures bring change in the employees without harming the traditional system. The daily logo has been prepared to achieve the trained goal for the employees in a right manner rather than showing any offense. Prioritizing the employee's struggle in working and resolving the issues helped in monitoring the project successfully. Employee’s improvement performance record has been analyzed and the related issues resolved.
1. Adler, S., Campion, M., Colquitt, A., Grubb, A., Murphy, K., Ollander-Krane, R., & Pulakos, E. D. (2016). Getting rid of performance ratings: Genius or folly? A debate. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 9(2), 219-252.
2. Aga, D. A., Noorderhaven, N., & Vallejo, B. (2016). Transformational leadership and project success: The mediating role of team-building. International Journal of Project Management, 34(5), 806-818.
3. Batey, M., & Mourik, R. (2016). From calculated to real energy savings performance evaluation: an ICT-based methodology to enable meaningful do-it-yourself data collection. Energy Efficiency, 9(4), 939-950.
4. Cutting, D. R., Karger, D. R., Pedersen, J. O., & Tukey, J. W. (2017, August). Scatter/gather: A cluster-based approach to browsing large document collections. In ACM SIGIR Forum (Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 148-159). ACM.
5. Flammer, C., & Bansal, P. (2017). Does a long?term orientation create value? Evidence from a regression discontinuity. Strategic Management Journal.
6. Meng, X., & Boyd, P. (2017). The role of the project manager in relationship management. International Journal of Project Management, 35(5), 717-728.
7. Rezvani, A., Chang, A., Wiewiora, A., Ashkanasy, N. M., Jordan, P. J., & Zolin, R. (2016). Manager emotional intelligence and project success: The mediating role of job satisfaction and trust. International Journal of Project Management, 34(7), 1112-1122.
1. Carlson, M. (2017). Performance: A critical introduction. Routledge.
2. Holmboe, E. S. (2017). Practical guide to the evaluation of clinical competence. S. J. Durning, & R. E. Hawkins (Eds.). Elsevier.
3. Villanueva, R. (2017). Developing Casual Restaurant Training Topics-Implications for The Boiling Crab.